Job descriptionYour in depth understanding of Systems Engineering and knowledge of Technical Assurance will help you to support my client’s. As a Systems Engineering and Technical Assurance Engineer, you will join a large skilled team responsible for capturing, developing and demonstrating compliance to Stakeholder requirements, facilitating configuration and technical change management, and managing technical assurance activities to achieve self-assured delivery of the project.
You will have the opportunity to work for a joint venture currently working on high profile parts of HS2, that brings together an industry-leading combination of tried, tested and successful partnerships, world-wide high-speed rail and civil experience and extensive national and regional knowledge. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
The Systems Engineering & Technical Assurance (SETA) Engineer will work closely with the Requirements Manager and key technical leads within the project team to define work package requirement sets, along with planning the appropriate verification & validation methods to demonstrate compliance. The SETA Engineer will support further activities of the SETA team relating to Technical Assurance, Configuration and Technical Change Management.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the master requirements set
- Work with design teams, subcontractors and subject matter experts to define applicable requirements for each work package, and identify appropriate verification & validation evidence
- Provide support and guidance on the Requirements Management processes and infrastructure to the wider project team
- Identification and decomposition of new and existing requirements
- Production and submissions of compliance matrices to support the technical design assurance process
- Assist the Requirements Management team in all aspects of Admin duties
- Support activities undertaken by the wider Systems Engineering & Assurance Team, to include but not limited to;
- Tracking Work Package Assurance deliverables
- Assist with maintaining Configuration Control in relation to Changes imposed on the project
- Contributing to Technical Assurance activities required to achieve L3 Certification
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners' Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
As a Systems Engineering and Technical Assurance Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
- Formal education in an Engineering related subject, such as a Degree or Apprenticeship
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to, or an interest in Systems Engineering and Technical Assurance
- Experience within Civil Engineering or Rail would be advantageous (but not essential)
- Familiarity with requirements management tools, particularly IBM Rational DOORS
- Good attention to detail
This role is open to individuals with differing levels of experience from junior to a more senior engineering background.
Systems Engineering and Technical Assurance Engineer
London – North Acton (with some home working)
£40000 - £60000 (depending on experience)
Keywords: Systems engineer, Rail, HS2, Requirements, Stakeholder, Design, Civil engineering, Agile, Construction, Verification, Validation, V&V, Test, DOORS, Rhapsody, Configuration, Technical change, Technical assurance, System, Tunnels.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a permanent position.