Systems Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Systems Support Engineer|
|Salary:||£250 - £350 per day|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2017 09:12|
Our client is a world leader in the integration of cutting edge defence and security systems which deliver military advantage to both local and global customers are looking to recruit a Systems Support Engineer on a contract basis.
Your role will support the build, maintenance and modification of a new software ensuring performance.
* build, maintain and modify existing training support software,
* maintain full and detailed build records and CM information to enable reproducibility and support fault finding and correction
* work as directed on changes, updates and modifications to training support software to maintain currency and performance and address obsolescence
* work as directed in support of Customer requested changes to enable training support software to function effectively in existing and changing training environments
* work as required with Customers and Users to deliver effective support services; this may be off site.
* liaise with SME's to gain understanding of the evolution of the software and identify changes likely to be required to the training support software
* have a good understanding of software licence management requirements and ensure that all work carried out is underpinned with appropriate software licences
* have a good understanding of ITAR, TAA and Export Compliance requirements and ensure that all work carried out is underpinned with appropriate agreements
* build a network of SME contacts (primarily internally but could include others) to enable work to be carried out efficiently using up to date system knowledge.
Required Skills & Abilities
*HP ALM (Hewlett Packard Application Lifecycle Management)
*Virtualisation Experience (VMWare Preferred)
* Windows 8.1 / 10
* Windows XP
*Microsoft Server 2008/2012
*Deployment, System Administration and configuration of Operating Systems listed above in point 4
* Microsoft Active Directory
*Network Switch Configuration
*Firewall Configuration (Conceptual rather more than Product specific)
*Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and writing/maintaining VBA script macros
*Writing/maintaining DOS batch file scripts
*Windows XP administration through DOS command line
Writing /maintaining AutoIT scripts (Desireable)
* Basic Items for
* Norton Ghost Experience
* Microsoft WIM
Location: South Wales, Newport,
Rates - to £345 per day.
Key Skills - Infrastructure, HP, Virtualisation, Networking, Windows
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's