Job descriptionYour experience of leading and developing strategy and bids, and understanding of early phase concept development will help you to lead an exciting study into future Mission Information Systems to optimise effects for the UK armed forces. As a Technical lead, you will be coordinating a multi-disciplined team to experiment with tomorrow’s users and demonstrate the possibilities for our future products.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Technical Lead – Future Products to;
- Lead, develop and promulgate a Vision and strategy for developing Effects Optimisation Products
- Lead and win bids for further work
- Provide briefings, presentations and demonstrations as appropriate to inform UK MOD Stakeholders
- Identify, negotiate with and handle external suppliers
- Establish and develop relationships internally and externally to form an Effects Optimisation community
As a Technical Lead – Future Products your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- An imaginative person capable of conceiving novel tools and techniques to get maximum performance from our existing and future systems.
- Excellent communication skills to impart a vision to internal stakeholders, customers, suppliers and other partners
- Knowledge of working with the UK MOD would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of weapon systems including competitors and threat systems
Technical Lead – Future Products
Up to £48,000 - £60,000
Keywords: Technical Lead, Concept development, Trade studies, Missile, Weapon platform, Bid, Defence, Military, Maritime, Land, Air, Sea, Stakeholder.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.