Our client in Stevenage is looking for experienced Test Equipment Engineers that want to use their knowledge in a system/sub system management role. The role includes defining and managing the requirements for Test Equipment and managing the development through delivery and into service.
Please note, to be eligible for this position you must hold current SC clearance.
- Responsible for collating Test Equipment requirements from all Customers (Internal, Domestic and Export) across the Product Life Cycle preferable using DOORS.
- Responsible for the Test Equipment design trades between Cost, Scope and Time.
- Working with the customer support team define the Special-To-Type Test Equipment (STTE) required for customer delivery.
- Actively lead the development of the Test Equipment (hardware and software) to meet all project requirements.
- Responsible for producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
- Interface with and manage customer expectations throughout the development process
- Able to technically manage internal & external suppliers for delivery of Test Equipment packages to time, cost, quality and performance requirements
- Main point of contact between the project team and TE supplier.
- Substantial experience of Test, Electrical and Electronic engineering
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics and RF.
- Test Equipment Design - particularly in real-time simulation.
- Managing requirements in DOORS
- Project Management and planning.
- Cost and budget control.
- Diverse and conflicting Stakeholder Management.
- Systems design.
- Ability to technically manage internal and sub-contract activities for both software, hardware and manufacturing.
- Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders across the company.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel when required (Including France).
Duration: 6 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.