User Experience (UX) Service Designer
|Job Title:||User Experience (UX) Service Designer|
|Salary:||£530 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||June 02, 2021 15:40|
Our client is looking for a User Experience Service Designer to join their team on a contract basis. This contract is due to run until the end of 2021 and will be remote.
The User Experience (UX) Service Designer is responsible, at a project/programme level, for ensuring that the services that business delivers to its customers and stakeholders is user centric, insight driven and supports a coherent, consistent and compelling end-to-end experience.. You will be a key liaison point, working with other teams across the organisation, to translate user needs into practical user design and user interaction. This role requires the interpersonal skills to establish professional credibility quickly, and the energy and drive to deliver collaborative change.
· Lead the development of a blue-print for a number of complex, inter-dependent and inter-related services, that will meet user's needs and business objectives.
· Engage with business, digital, technical and business improvement teams to develop the roadmap for the future user interaction and service design, development and implementation.
· Ensure a coherent, consistent and compelling experience for external and internal service users, across the end-to-end and front-to-back customer journeys, and identify opportunities to interface with the rest of government.
· Collaborate with user researchers (UR) to agree key research activities that will inform service design and to prioritise customer needs using storyboards, journey maps and other tools.
· Create and rapidly iterate both digital and non-digital service prototypes, working with UR and UX to test with users.
· Ensure services are designed to GDS standards and will meet GDS requirements for service assessments, actively participating in the service assessment process.
· Work with business improvement, customer insight, technology, and operations teams to ensure new services are designed and embedded with an iterative continual improvement approach.
· Promote the service design perspective in discussions with teams and stakeholders, providing coaching and training to develop an understanding and culture of user-centered design.
· Act as an ambassador for user interaction and service design.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Significant experience of leading user interaction and service design to develop end-to-end government services through a variety of channels that are simple and straightforward to use and accessible
· Experience of using a range of tools and methodologies to design complex, inter-dependent and inter-related services that are 'end-to-end' and 'front-to-back'.
· Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
· Demonstrate successful experience of taking products through an GDS service assessment
· Experience introducing service design and agile ways of working practices, teams or organisations, including engaging with stakeholders of all levels of seniority
Remote with trave to Bootle post covid
Duration: 6 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: UX service design, UX, user experience service design, GDS, government digital services, public sector, user-centred
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.