Validation and Verification Manager
|Job Title:||Validation and Verification Manager|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Anna Bonczchowska|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 14:02|
The V&V Manager is responsible for the execution of the testing processes and the effectiveness
of these processes; managing and supervising the relevant V&V teams to ensure they are
working to achieve and meet the requirements of all individual requests determined by the
About the Role:
* Day-to-day management of team including attendance, holidays and sickness.
* Ensure adequate assignments of test resources across the programs.
* Delivery of development and qualification testing work packages on multiple simultaneous
* Creation of a standard test rig configuration and management of changes to maintain flexibility.
* Manage Engineering Improvement activity across all Test Departments.
* Ensures all require HSE precautions are in place.
* Manage cross training to facilitate cross functional test coverage to support demand fluctuations.
* Analysis of current setup times/utilisation with proposals to improve.
* Assessment and implementation of Critical Spares.
* Management and delivery of Capital projects.
* Creation of procurement specifications to support Capital purchases
* Manages directly 3 V&V Team Leaders responsible for Machine and Channel, EMC and
Electronics testing activities.
* Supervise the team leaders in managing their own direct reports, currently across the teams this
consists of 16 permanent and 5 temporary personnel. Provide them with support to ensure they
utilise and operate their teams effectively to meet resource demands.
* Ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of the test process across the site, Identifying areas for
improvement, plan and implement changes to develop the V&V service maintaining the ability to
support all future projects and programmes.
* Liaise with production to ensure that future test equipment and products are able to be built,
tested and supplied meeting their specific requirements in a reliable and effective manner.
* Manages Capital Expenditure Budget for Engineering in conjunction with the CoS Manager and
Site Technical Manager.
* Ensure deployment and adherence to 6S principles within the facilities for all activities.
* Work closely with both HS&E & Site Facilities Manager for maintenance activities and
equipment level risk assessments.
You will have a following experience:
* Excellent knowledge and/or experience in facility management
* Experience in an appropriate Engineering discipline (or a relevant Engineering qualification).
* Extensive experience in Validation and Verification activities and process from development to
* Proven track record of Leadership and personnel management skills, including personal
development and training of direct reports
* Ability to lead a team of managers and drive continuous improvement activities within the V&V
team and facilities
* Management of stakeholders.
* Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems by devising creative and effective solutions.
* Competent in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project tools
* Experience of working with suppliers and subcontractors
* Experience of ISO/IEC 17025 would be advantageous
* Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a
formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English. If this cannot be
provided you will be required to complete and pass an online SHL English comprehension test as
part of the interview process.
Keywords: stakeholder management, facility management, validation, verification, testing, leadership, management, CI, continuous improvement.
If you are a good match then please apply with a CV to learn more about this truly fantastic opportunity to work for a market leader who has an enviable reputation.
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level. Flexibility for some travel (both UK and internationally) will be required within the role.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time. Services advertised by Electus Recruitment Solutions are those of an Agency (perm). These roles are permanent positions.
This is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's