Job descriptionYour experience of systems integration, and knowledge of systems validation and trials activities will help you to make a difference by joining a trials team conducting the electrical / electronic / software integration of missile and launcher subsystems.
As a Weapon System / Launcher Integration Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Weapon System / Launcher Integration Engineer to work within their dedicated trials team. They are working to achieve flight clearance for development firing trials and overall System Qualification have an iterative programme of lab based testing and proving to demonstrate the functionality of the weapon subsystems against customer and scenario driven Use Cases. The programme packs in multiple phases to support integration of the weapon system in different configurations to underpin development firing trials, multiple platform integration programmes and concurrent proving of different product variants. This role develops a broad and deep understanding of the functional design of the system and how it is tested to prove it against the technical requirements.
As a Weapon System / Launcher Integration Engineer;
- You will need to be a team worker, and a confident individual with enough knowledge of electrical and electronic integration to be able to dynamically support the teams to achieve a challenging programme providing the evidence to support air worthiness and performance certification.
- The candidate should enjoy identifying problems or opportunities for improvement, working resolutions with other teams and sharing knowledge and best practice that raises the whole team.
- Understanding of technical interface documentation and test methodologies e.g. 1553,
- Practical experience using commercial lab equipment and of data analysis tools and methods.
- Ideally (but not essential) experience or interest in python (or similar) scripting.
Weapon System / Launcher Integration Engineer
Up to £38,000 - £48,000
Keywords: Air platform, Fixed wing, Rotary, Launcher, Weapons, Weapon Systems, Missile, Defence, Systems, Electrical, Electronic, Software Integration requirements, Interface control documentation, Integration trial, Validation, Verification, Acceptance, Systems assessment, Test.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria may also be required to undergo security clearance vetting to SC level.
This is a permanent position.