Wessex Project Manager
|Job Title:||Wessex Project Manager|
|Location:||Blandford Forum, Dorset|
|Salary:||Up to £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2021 12:09|
Our client is looking for a Planning and Delivery Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. They are a dynamic and fast-growing Internet Provider in the South West that is changing the way full fibre broadband is rolled out in rural areas.
Our client requires an experienced and enthusiastic project manager for their recently awarded Fibre Hub Connectivity in Rural Dorset (FHCiRD) contract to deploy full fibre infrastructure to 60 Dorset Council sites. An in-depth knowledge of the requirements will need to be developed and kept at the forefront of the project management approach. Reporting to the Programme Lead, you will work with a good degree of autonomy, and must be self-confident with strong organisational and planning skills and be able to demonstrate attention to detail, without losing sight of the wider goals.
You will manage the project by pulling together the inhouse teams of community engagement, planning, network delivery and service delivery. You will organise and work alongside these core departments to ensure that the project gets the attention that it requires internally and is successfully delivered on time and within budget. You will manage the administration and reporting requirements of the project
It is envisaged that the business will submit bids to future invitations to tender for fibre infrastructure delivery to sites within the company's target area. The successful candidate is likely to be heavily involved with both the tender process and the subsequent project delivery of these contracts if the bids are successful.
You will be ambitious and driven with experience of managing projects within Infrastructure, Renewables or Utilities. The right candidate will be highly personable and can motivate any team that they engage with.
· Successful delivery of the FHCiRD contract on time and within budget.
· Develop a strong understanding of the Programme contract requirements and ensure they are adhered to.
· Build and maintain effective relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the FHCiRD contract and future projects.
· Ensure that the FHCiRD project works alongside BAU network expansion, working closely with internal departments.
· Manage contractual and ad hoc reporting requirements as well as the submission of Milestone Acceptance packs.
· Manage testing and commissioning of delivered infrastructure at each site.
· You will hold or have experience of a Project Management Qualification (such as Prince2, CAPM, PMP etc)
· Experience of managing complex projects to tight timelines
· Good understanding of the local rural communities and preferably farming practices
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· Confident making key decisions under pressure
· Advanced negotiating skills, critical thinking and problem solving
Location: Blandford Forum
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: project manager, operations, operations manager, planning, delivery, project management, infrastructure, renewables, utilities, broadband
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's