Systems Engineer - Military CIS
|Job Title:||Systems Engineer - Military CIS|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nicolas Haaker|
|Job Published:||June 30, 2017 18:00|
My client is a world-class electronics engineering consultancy - Enabling their clients to maximise their investments in science and technology; they deliver technology based R&D services, provide independent advice and solve technically challenging problems across the Defence, National Security, Transport, Mobile, Medical and Industrial sectors.
Their Cyber Security division is one of the best in the UK and they deliver effective and efficient information security to Government and corporate clients, especially when addressing information security for complex, niche systems or emerging technologies. Their services enable their clients to reduce system vulnerabilities against Cyber Attacks and the insider threat.
We are seeking talented systems engineers to support our growing team of specialists within Future Deployed Tactical Communications and Information Systems (CIS).
You will have the opportunity to be involved in leading edge and innovative programmes where technology plays a crucial and increasingly strategic role. You will be part of large scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
You will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business critical initiatives and will be part of large scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be:
- Working as part of a team to produce system designs from concept through to high level design
- Applying and adapting your system design skills between specific areas of business challenge or opportunity, spanning a range of existing and emerging technologies including (but not limited to) applications, middleware, network infrastructure and radio bearers
- Growing and managing architecture products, through the development of data models, standards and the design and implementation of processes and tools that drive coherent, consistent and value-adding use of the architectures;
- Understanding & interpreting business or technical requirements and translate these into defined system models;
In addition, you will also:
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to establish consensus on viability of solution options and the associated benefits and risks;
- Seek to develop system solutions in alignment with recognised architecture development methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman etc.) and support a systems on-going evolution;
To qualify for the role, you must have the following technical and general competencies:
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (preferably TOGAF/Archimate)
- Experience in the application of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Knowledge and understanding of Military Communications and Information Systems (CIS)
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) (Nice to have)
- Experience of Enterprise-scale ICT solution development or assessment within a defence context (Nice to Have)
- Awareness of information security within the defence environment (Nice to have)
- Stakeholder engagement, both internal and external.
- Passionate about delivering business value through innovative application of technology;
- Ability to think outside of the technical solution to consider factors such as training, information, security and management.
- Ability to tackle problems and define solutions from a commercial perspective;
- Flexibility in approach and attitude;
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, whilst prioritising the work effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication;
- A demonstrable desire to seek out and exploit new technology in IT;
- Ability to assimilate and retain knowledge quickly;
- Able to influence and be a part of the key decision making process; and
- Ability to articulate and interpret technical language to non-technical individuals
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline.
Systems Engineer - Military CIS
£35-55k + Excellent benefits
SaaS, Cloud, IS, systems engineering, systems, IT, ICT, information systems, tactical communication, infrastructure, IaaS, DV, CPNI, defence, HMG, networks, security, systems, TOGAF, MODAF, Bowman, Morpheus, enterprise, zachman, mbse, cis
If you are looking to work with one of the most innovative Cyber Security companies in the UK, helping protect the UK and developing your skills, please apply now!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum DV level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£300.00 - £400.00 per day
Senior Systems Engineer (Requirements)
South Wales, Wales
£350 - £450 per annum
Systems Design Engineer
£30000.00 - £47000.00 per annum
Communication Payload Systems Engineer
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus